Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Professional is not always Better. =)

Hi Everyone! This post is actually going to be about a couple of the portraits that I took the other day. =) I've spent the past couple days reading and researching about taking quality portraits, and then I read something that I almost forgot. =)

So many people will say that taking portraits is like an equation. You should be able to look at any portrait, or any photograph for that matter, and break it down to it's key elements, and what physically makes up that scene. =) And it's true! It's incredibly important to have all the technical aspects in place when taking a photograph, but it's also important to have fun, and capture the feeling in your photographs too. =)

I guess I'm just saying this because when I was practicing photography I was getting so worked up about the poses and the lighting and the exact way the light was going to hit the subject, after a while, I plain stopped smiling in the pictures, because that wasn't important anymore. =P

Anyway after a long time of taking practice portraits with my fiance we kinda just started having fun with it, and it was such a better experience! And suddenly the pictures were turning out a lot better too. =P

This photo is s pretty good example because I really like the way it turned out. =) The posing was pretty good (a little off, but what can you do. =P) and the lighting and focus were dead on. =)







However, I will always like this photo more,
despite the fact that the focus and the posing are a little off. =P Technically? This picture isn't very good. =) But we're both smiling, and look so happy in this picture. =D I'll probably keep it forever. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment