Monday, July 12, 2010

Background Holders

Hi Everyone! =D So, lately I've been really considering focusing my towards one day making a career out of portrait photography. =) Now, I've done some portrait photography in the past, but I've never had my own studio. I was thinking ideally what I'd like to do one day would be to have a full professional shop in my home where I could hold full sessions with people, and then I could also do weddings outside of the home. =)

I'm still going to school, so I wouldn't be able to do this for a while yet (I'm half way to my degree. =P I might as well finish) but I'm still trying to plan and get a lot of the equipment I will need. =) So far I have some lights, and some umbrellas, camera, tripod, remote, things like that. =) But one thing that I really want, and found to be a challenge to find was a stand that would hold several backgrounds at a time so that I would have several backgrounds ready to go while I was doing a sitting. =)

Finally, I found what I was looking for. =D

This is a RollEasy Motorized Background Roller System. =) Basically this genius contraption will hold up to four rolled backgrounds and at the push of a button will roll and unroll them for you, keeping them at the ready for when you need them. ^-^ I pretty much fell in love when I found this. =) The only problem? It's a little expensive. =P Also, the only rolled backgrounds I've ever been able to find were paper, and I'm not really sure if I'd want to use paper backgrounds in a Photo Shoot. Either way? I think this thing is AMAZING and will very likely be picking one up before too long. =)

Then next thing I found I was probably just as excited about to be honest. ^-^

This photograph is off the website that I found it on, same as the one above. =) This is basically a long track with hooks and clips that will hold multiple muslin backgrounds on it. =P It's incredibly simple, but I really like it. ^-^ I think this would be really useful, and would be exactly what I need to keep my backgrounds accessible to me. =) This one is not that expensive, and is pretty much everything I was hoping for, so I'll likely get this sooner than later. =)

So yeah! This is what I've found for holding backgrounds so far. =) If someone else has something else that they use and really like? Let me know in the comments. ^-^ Anyway, I hope if any of you are like me, and are trying to find a way to hold up several backgrounds at a time, I hope this helped!

Have a Great Day!
Diana

0 comments:

Post a Comment