Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Adobe Lightroom

Hey Everyone! =D So I just recently downloaded the free trial for Adobe Lightroom (like, yesterday) cause I saw a video about it on youtube and figured it'd be worth trying. =) I'm already madly in love with photoshop, but I've heard that this can kind of enhance you photoshopping experience. =P So I figured it'd be worth a try. =) Anyway, I'm going to kind of play with it over the next few days, and we'll see if it turns into a 'must have' kinda thing. =)

I already know it's good for editing pictures quickly and in batches. I'm not entirely sure if it gives you as much freedom and control as photoshop does, but it seems to be very quick. I think if I got good at using it my editing times might go down. =P (Which I think everyone can agree is awesome!) Anyway, if anyone has/likes/ knows about lightroom leave a comment below just saying if you like it, what you think, or even your favorite feature!

Cheers!

Diana

2 comments:

Mike Nelson Pedde said...

Diana: Welcome to the Lightroom! It's not a replacement for Photoshop... Lightroom is sort of like Bridge + Adobe Camera Raw (LR and ACR use the same processing engine), so you can use it for RAW conversion and it has powerful DAM (digital asset management) capabilities. Plus it has printing, slideshows and web galleries. Photoshop was originally created for graphic designers; Lightrooms was designed by and for photographers specifically. Lightroom doesn't have the same editing power as Photoshop, but many photographers find they do 90% or more of their work in LR and can edit specific images in Photoshop directly from LR when necessary.

BTW, there are over 140 links to websites with LR tips, tutorials and videos here: http://bit.ly/LRTips

Mike.

DianaAnnPhoto said...

Wow! Thanks so much! =D That's amazing! And makes so much sense. =P I was wondering if people were using it instead of photoshop, but it just didn't seem possible! Wow. They can do like, 90% of their editing in LR?! I'm definitely going to have to learn all about everything this program can do. =D

Thank-you so much for all of this fantastic information! I'll definitely check out the Links!

Thanks again!

Diana

Post a Comment