Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little Bit of Well Spent Money

I heard of so many "must have" pieces of photographic equipment, or equipment that is a must have for a small business owner, be it an off camera flash, studio lighting, Photoshop, a Blackberry, Filing Cabinet, industrial coffee maker etc. And while these are all very important in their own way (extra points to the coffee maker of course. =P) There's one very small piece of equipment that I bought on impulse, and have found myself reaching for again and again.

I bought this little notebook because it made me laugh, right out loud in a card store. I thought it's lack of modesty was really funny and cute and it was only a couple dollars so I got it. =P

One thing I've learned since starting this shop, was that inspiration doesn't seem to like to strike at convenient moments. =P At the times when I have all of my equipment set up, batteries charged and everything ready to go? Absolutely not. =P That would be way too easy, and life just isn't prepared to do that for me. =P

No, it seems for me I get really good ideas for pictures, or new ideas for changing my shop when I'm either Just about to fall asleep, at work, or an a two and a half hour road trip to the middle of no where, where I will remain for a week. >< Anyway. =P Getting over that. =P Every time I was stuck in a situation like those, I was really happy to have this travel size notebook with me so I can jot down new ideas and have them for when I actually can do something with them. =P

So that's it. ^-^ It's nothing too fancy, or high tech, but it has helped me lots of times, and I just thought I'd share that with you. ^-^

Cheers!
-Diana

0 comments:

Post a Comment